Each year my office recognizes the remarkable contributions of women and girls who live in London North Centre and have demonstrated exceptional leadership to improve the lives of others. If you know someone inspiring others through her efforts to improve her school or the community, please nominate her for a 2020 award!
There are two separate categories: Leading Girls awards are for nominees 17 years of age or younger; Leading Women awards are for nominees 18 years of age or older. To be eligible, women or girls must reside within the boundaries of the London North Centre riding, and must not have received the award in the past. The award recognizes women and girls for:
- Breaking down barriers and encouraging women and girls to get involved in non-traditional careers
- Championing or actively promoting issues such as equality, diversity, healthy equal relationships
- Preventing violence against women and girls
- Reducing racism and discrimination
- Encouraging girls to participate in any part of public service
- Acting as a positive role model by mentoring, coaching, leading events or organizations
- Providing a positive example to women and girls in their communities
Nominations are open year-round, and require two letters of support, which could be from a teacher or principal, community leader, mentor, employer, or others who have volunteered with the nominee.
Nominate an inspiring woman today!
The deadline for nomination for 2020 awards is Friday, March 13, 2020. Complete applications should be e-mailed to [email protected] The award ceremony will be held on April 16, 2020.
For more information, contact my community office at 519-432-7339 or [email protected]